A good night’s rest is impossible to replace. We require sleep in order to be healthy, energetic, and well-functioning individuals. It is unfortunate, then, that so many people have difficulty in getting the sleep that they so desperately need. One of the culprits, however, may be the surface on which you are sleeping.
The mattress topper that you are sleeping on are one of the most important contributors to an undisturbed slumber. Therein lies the importance of getting the right mattress for the job. If you have mistakenly chosen a mattress that is not well suited to your needs, there is no need to fret. Instead, automatically increase your comfort level with a memory foam mattress topper.
- Below, you'll find more detailed reviews, but you can click links above to see current prices and read customer's review on Amazon.
How To Choose The Right Memory Foam Mattress Topper?
One memory foam mattress topper cannot suit every individual need. In order to get the topper that is right for you, there are several things that you need to consider. The first thing that you should think about is the position that you sleep in.
Do you tend to favor your stomach, back, or side when slumbering? You should also contemplate the firmness of the mattress that you are currently sleeping on. Is it extremely soft, medium-firm, or incredibly firm? Your final point of consideration is your weight. The density of the mattress topper needs to correspond to your weight.
Best Kind Of Mattress Toppers For Side Sleepers
If you sleep either on your right side or your left side, you may experience some discomfort in your shoulders or your hips. This is because your sleeping position puts most amount of the stress on these areas. To reduce it, you may want to consider a soft or medium topper. Here are a couple of options:
- Incredibly comfortable
- Does not trap in body heat
- Holds shape for an extended period
- Has machine-washable cover
- May be considered a little soft for some sleepers
- This mattress topper has a four inch, dual layer. There are two different substances filling each layer of the topper to improve the overall comfort of the product. One of the two inch layers consist of cooling gel memory foam. The other layer contains a fluffy fiber-fill. This topper comes with a ten year warranty, guaranteeing that it will hold its shape for a long period of time. It is also paired with a cover that is machine-washable.
- Reduces tossing and turning during sleep
- Supports pressure points of the body
- Makes up for any sagging or dents in the mattress
- Does not trap body heat
- Is environmentally friendly
- Can be a little high for beds that are already lofty
- This four inch mattress topper consists of gel infused memory foam. It is even and reduces the pressure points across the body when sleeping. It also minimizes the amount of tossing and turning that the sleeper does. The infusion of gel in the memory foam helps to control the temperature of the mattress topper. The manufacturing processes used to create this topper has been PURGreen Certified, ensuring that it is environmentally friendly.
- This mattress topper is ideal for those who are looking for comfortable and undisturbed sleeping. As an additional bonus, you can also get rid of any aches or pains that you were previously experiencing. There are almost no complaints about this mattress topper, which makes it a very good investment.
Best Kind Of Mattress Toppers For Back Sleepers
If you tend to sleep on your back, you may have noticed back or spine pain. This due to the amount of pressure placed on this region as you sleep. You are going to need something that is medium-firm or soft. In order to support this particular arrangement, here are two options that you can consider:
- Material is very breathable and keeps body cooler in warm temperatures
- Mattress topper is hypoallergenic
- Reduces neck, shoulder, back, and hip pain
- Some may find it a little too soft
- This mattress topper is 2.5 inches and weighs 3.5 pounds. It is made from Cool IQ Visco Elastic Memory Foam that consists of larger memory foam cells. This reacts to the body of the sleeper and increases the flow of air.
- The material is also hypoallergenic, anti-bacterial, and anti-microbial in nature. The mattress topper also diminishes pressure points on any mattress that you are sleeping on. It also comes equipped with a microfiber cover that is fitted with an 18 inch skirt.
- To conclude, this mattress is an excellent purchase. It is comfortable and molds perfectly to the sleeper’s body. In addition to let you get a good night’s rest, all bodily pains are reduced due to the topper. It is suitable for a variety of uses and is excellent for people living in warmer climates.
- Keeps the body cool while sleeping
- Reduces occurrences of aches and pains
- Evenly distributes weight
- Some may find it a little too soft
- This mattress topper has a four inch density that is infused with gel. This is to ensure that the memory foam topper does not overheat due to external or body temperatures. The Luxurest mattress topper spreads uniformly on top of the mattress, allowing even distribution. It also improves sleep by reducing any pain or discomfort experienced when sleeping. The mattress topper is available in twin, full, queen, and king sizes and can fit on a variety of mattresses.
- If you are looking for an incredibly soft mattress topper, then the Luxurest topper is the one that you should get. It will feel as though you are sleeping on a cloud. This mattress topper is also incredibly useful if you live somewhere that is quite warm. It does a great job of dissipating any heat buildup, allowing you to get a cooler and a more comfortable slumber.
Best Kind Of Mattress Toppers For Stomach Sleepers
Unfortunately, sleeping on your stomach is one of the worst positions to slumber in. It is quite difficult, however, to prevent your body from taking this position when you are sleeping. Due to the weight that you place on your torso, you end up putting a great deal of pain on your spine. To overcome this, you need a topper that is not too soft or too firm. The right amount of support is imperative. Here are two of the best choices:
- Reduces strain on the spine
- Hypoallergenic and antimicrobial
- Cooling system in place
- This topper is quite firm
- The Milliard mattress topper is two inches thick and consists of gel infused memory foam. This topper has been created to alleviate the burden from the various pressure points throughout the body. There is also increased air flow through the topper, reducing the amount of heat captured within the material. The mattress topper is also ideal for those suffering from asthma or breathing problems as it is hypoallergenic and antimicrobial.
- There are not many bad things that you can say about this memory foam mattress topper. It is particularly good for anybody who does have a habit of sleeping on their stomach. Though it is a little firm, this is perfect for somebody who requires a greater amount of support.
- Offers increased support for pressure point
- Has good ventilation
- Lasts for longer
- Some sleepers may find it a little too firm
- This egg crate topper is two inches thick. It offers plenty of support and diminishes the number of pressure points across the body. The open cell composition of the topper ensures improved air flow, making it much cooler to sleep on. The construction makes certain that the topper will maintain in its shape for a longer period of time.
- This mattress topper is best for those who specifically sleep on their stomach. Others may find it a little too firm to sleep on. The egg crate feature on the topper also makes it much more comfortable. It also prevents the sleeper from getting too warm as it is well ventilated. One of the best features regarding this mattress topper is that it is quite durable and lasts for a long period of time.
The Effect of Body Weight on Topper Thickness and Density
- How much you weigh does have an impact on the mattress topper that you need to buy. This is because your weight affects how your body is distributed on the topper. Typically, the heavier you are, the thicker and denser your topper needs to be. This is essential to ensure greater comfort. For those who are lighter, a topper between 2 to 3 pounds may be more suitable. For those on the heavier side, a mattress topper that is 3 to 4 pounds may prove to be more comfortable. Of course, personal preferences also play a role in deciding how thick and dense you want your mattress topper to be.
- As mattresses age, their springs and coils lose their original durability. These can cause a great deal of pain and discomfort. Sometimes, you may have simply misjudged the comfort of a mattress and bought one that is completely unsuitable. In such instances, a mattress topper is the perfect solution. They are cheaper than mattresses and afford you a great deal of comfort. By ensuring that they are memory foam mattress toppers, you are only increasing how luxurious your sleep will be. Hopefully, the evaluations above will help you to find the one that is just right for you.
- There are a lot of things that people are searching for when they are searching for the right memory foam to purchase. There are different styles, thickness,density and the size of memory foam mattresses that are available; it will be up to you to choose. You have to make sure that you will pick out the best memory foam mattress topper that you can use for a long time.
- There may be different things that you have to consider such as the comfort of your memory foam mattress topper but do remember that aside from the hype of some brands, there are also some that are better known because of the great quality that they can give to a lot of people.
- You have to remember that when it comes to memory foams, you should also check out the price and the reviews that they have received online. Through these things, you will be able to narrow down your choice and ultimately you will be able to choose the right one for you. Remember that not all memory foams are created equal. You will be thanking yourself the moment that you make the right choice.
- Aside from the things that are mentioned above, you have to remember that there are still different things that you ought to consider. For instance, does your bed frame fit well with the type of memory foam mattress that you are planning to purchase? Check this out and know exactly what you need.
- The thickness is also another thing that you have to pay attention to. Some people would not want to have something that is too thick because they find it hard to use. Yet there are also some who would like to have something that is just right for the bed frames that they have.
Remember that choosing a memory foam mattress is a process that can be different from one person to another. You may be the type who would like to do your research online first before you start shopping while others would like to know everything from the sales staff who would be selling the mattress in person. No matter what your style is, consider your budget as well because you would not want something that you will hate each time you see it because it is expensive.
- Based on the things that are mentioned above, it is obvious that there are a lot of memory foam mattresses that you can use but even if they all seem the same, they vary in different ways. One of the most evident things that they vary in is their firmness or softness. It would highly depend on your preference which type of mattress you would like to search for. Some are made for those who prefer soft mattresses while there are also some made specifically for those who prefer hard mattresses.
- You ought to remember that the best memory foam mattress may differ from one person to another. You may hear from other people that they have found the memory foam mattress for them but once you check out the features of the mattress, you will realize that it is not perfect for you.
- You may be able to find others that you will appreciate immensely. Just check out the various products that are mentioned above and from their features and details, you will be able to make a decision. When you choose wisely and you become happy with your mattress, you know that you will get the type of sleep that you deserve to experience every night. This will also improve your mood and your demeanor in the days to come.
FAQs about Memory Foam Mattresses
1. What thickness is considered to be the best when it comes to memory foam?
There are memory foam mattresses that have varying thickness and it can change from one person to another. There are times when people think that their memory foam is too thick so they think that a thinner one would be appropriate. Choose a memory foam mattress that can give you the comfort that you are searching for.
2. How will I know if the memory foam mattress is soft or hard?
You can usually tell if the memory foam mattress is soft or hard when you try it or when you hold it but if in case you are ordering online, look for the numbers that will be displayed on the details of the memory foam mattress that you are going to purchase. The lower the number is, the softer the memory foam mattress is. The firmest memory foam mattress is usually 20
3. Will memory foam mattress toppers be smaller than the usual sizes of various mattresses?
It would highly depend on the manufacturer that you are going to purchase the memory foam mattress from. There are some who make mattresses that are true to size while there are also some who make memory foam mattresses that are smaller than usual. It will be best to check the measurements provided by the manufacturer beforehand to be sure about what you will get.
4. Will the memory foam mattress have a certain smell?
A lot of people have reported that memory foam mattress usually has a certain smell when you first open it up. The smell is expected to last for a few days while the mattress is settling but once the memory foam mattress is ready, the smell will also be gone.
5. What can memory foam mattresses do?
There are some people who are a bit unsure with why they should purchase a memory foam mattress. The memory foam mattress will be in charge of making sure that the pressure points will be highly reduced which can greatly increase the quality of sleep that people will receive. Memory foam mattresses will provide the needed comfort that the body needs in order to recuperate especially in the evening.
6. Will all memory foam mattresses be the same?
From the size, firmness and comfort that will be given by memory foam mattresses, you can be sure that they will all be different. Sometimes, the price can determine how comfortable the memory foam mattress is going to be but checking out the reviews online will help you narrow down your search tremendously.
7. How will the memory foam mattress be protected?
If in case you would like to protect your memory foam mattress so that you can use it longer remember to treat it like how you would treat your normal mattress. Keep it free from stains and you can also put a bed sheet on it so that you will be protected even further. If in case you would like to make sure that your memory foam mattress can last for a long time, look for one that has a long warranty. This way, you can make sure that you will maintain the product well.
8. Should I look for a memory foam mattress with high density foam?
It would be best if you can check out a memory foam mattress that has high density foam because the higher the density of the mattress is, the better the foam will be in supporting your body. The higher the density of the mattress is, the higher the quality. You may want to search for a memory foam mattress with high density foam of 5.
9. Will it be better to purchase pure memory foam mattress?
You have to remember that the purer the memory foam mattress is, the better it is for you. There are some manufacturers that produce memory foam mattresses with a lot of fillers and as a result, people get mattresses that do not have the quality that they deserve to get. Search for memory foam mattresses that promise 100% foam if possible. They may cost more money but they will be worth it in the long run.
10. Will the memory foam mattress be too hot to sleep in?
There are some memory foam mattresses that are reported to have a hot temperature but this may be because of fillers. A pure memory foam mattress will not be hot to sleep in. Instead, the mattress will be breathable in order to add the comfort that people need to become comfortable while sleeping. In order to increase the comfort of memory foam mattress, make sure that you will use cotton sheets if you want it to stay cool.
11. Will people who are overweight be able to use memory foam mattresses?
There are instances when those who are overweight are unable to use the memory foam mattresses because the mattress is already unable to take their weight. Some companies can make custom made mattresses however to those who may need it so that everyone can enjoy the great benefits of memory foam mattresses.
12. Can the memory foam mattress be rolled for an extended time period?
When memory foam mattresses are shipped, they are usually rolled to ensure that they will be in pristine condition when the customer receives them but there are instances when customers do not unroll them immediately and this can cause the memory foam mattress to not go to its actual and normal size. Most memory foam mattresses are not recommended to stay rolled longer than 2 months.
13. Is the memory foam mattress good for my back?
You have to remember that the memory foam mattress can mould depending on the current condition of your back. This means that you can ensure that your back will be properly aligned whenever you sleep. It will also give great support to your whole body to ensure that your body will be supported evenly.
14. Will allergy sufferers benefit from using memory foam mattress?
Those who have allergies are actually recommended to purchase memory foam mattress because they are hypo allergenic. This means that there are lesser chances that dust mites and other things that may cause allergies can thrive on the memory foam mattress.
Hopefully, you have received the answers that you need regarding memory foam mattresses.