- The best box spring is an important investment for the bedroom. A lot of people may think that this is unnecessary, when in fact, it is an essential for a better sleep. Depending on the product you will choose, it will significantly improve the quality of your sleep.
- In the rest of this guide, I will provide you with valuable insights on some of the things you should know before you buy. I will also provide you with ideas on some of the top picks in the market, including the reasons why they are remarkable.
Benefits of the Best Box Spring
Do I need a box spring? Will it be an unnecessary item in the bedroom? Is it not enough to have a high-quality mattress topper? Here are some of the benefits of a box spring, which will enlighten you on why there is a need for such.
- Make the Mattress Last Longer
- Improves Support
- Improves Stability
- Can Handle Bouncing
One of the benefits of a box spring is that it extends the functional life of your mattress. This reduces the pressure on the mattress, and hence, delaying its wear and tear.
Another good thing about using a box spring is that it provides you with more support. Even if the mattress is plush, the box spring underneath it will enhance the support that it can provide for your body.
When looking for the right platform for your bed, many might think of slats, which are popular because they are cheap. However, slats are prone to moving. This is unlike a box spring, which will most likely remain stable regardless of your movement.
If you have kids at home, chances are, they will end up jumping on the top of the bed. The box spring is extra supportive, making it possible to stand rigid despite the pressure that is applied.
Here is a short video that will let you know more why you need to consider investing in a box spring.
Types of Box Spring
The first thing that you have to do is to decide on the specific type of box spring that will be chosen. In this case, the following are the options that you will have:
1. Standard Height Box Spring
This is the traditional option and usually has a height of 9 inches. This is a good choice if you want to have an ample amount of storage space under the bed.
2. Low Profile Box Spring
This is the newer type of box spring. The height of most options will generally be 5 to 6 inches. This is a good choice for people who do not want their bed to be too high from the ground.
Essential Factors to Consider
In choosing the best box spring, here are some of the most important things that should be taken into account.
- Ease of Assembly
The standard box spring can fit up to a queen-sized bed. Alternatively, there are also smaller box springs. You can combine two to reach the intended size. In the case of the latter, however, you need support in the center to ensure its ability to support the weight of the mattress.
Earlier, we have mentioned the two types of box springs, which are different based on how high they are elevated from the ground. Because most of the mattress toppers are high nowadays, a popular option is the lower box spring.
This is especially important for first-time buyers. Since you have no idea which one makes the best choice, you have to rely on what other people are saying. Consult with online reviews and use their experiences to weigh the pros and cons of the possibilities.
This is important because it will be indicative of the overall quality and durability of the box spring. It is important that it is made from materials that will last long and will be able to deliver exceptional quality even when handling heavy weight of the user and the mattress.
As you evaluate the materials, also look at the coils of the spring. Look for one that comes with densely-packed coils. This means that it will be more supportive and will make your sleep more comfortable. This will also be longer-lasting.
This is another reason why you should evaluate the way the coils are constructed. You have to know that noise from the box spring comes from the coil. Therefore, make sure to choose one that will not make a noticeable noise every time that you toss and turn during your sleep.
The specific mattress that you will use is another important consideration. See to it that the box spring will be able to accommodate the size and weight of the mattress that you intend to put on the top.
You should choose a box spring that is easy to assemble. All of the tools needed must already be provided in the package. The manufacturer must provide comprehensive instructions on how to complete its assembly. It should also be compact enough to fit in narrow spaces.
Top Picks For The Best Box Spring
If you are finding it hard to decide which to choose, below are five of the products you might want to consider.
- Easy to assemble
- Sturdy construction
- High-profile design
- Screws can easily fall
- A bit loud
This is on the top of our list for the best box spring that is currently available in the market. One thing that I personally loved is the high-profile design. This is a good thing because this means that you can maximize the space under the bed and use it as storage.
- Among others, you might like this because of its strong and sturdy construction, making it last for a long time. Even if you are heavy or if the mattress is dense, you can be confident that it will not easily break. However, watch out as the screws can possibly fall off easily.
- The compact packaging is another thing that you might love about this product. The company is earning a reputation for their smart packaging, which minimizes the shipping size of the box spring. This means that you can easily get it inside your house, even if you have narrow hallways.
- This can also be a good pick if you do not have the patience to deal with complicated assembly. Everything that you need will be readily available. Even the Allen wrench is already provided. The manufacturer also provides comprehensive instructions to guide you through its installation.
- Durable construction
- Easy to assemble
- Provides excellent support
- Minimal weight capacity
- Can make a squeaky noise
As you search for the best box spring, this is one option that you might want to include in your list. It is a queen-sized box spring with dimensions of 60 x 80 x 14 inches. It is also a good thing that the platform itself has a height of 14 inches, making it possible for you to utilize the space under the bed and make it available for storage.
- The durability of this box spring is one thing that can convince you to have it chosen above other alternatives. It is made from 100% steel, which makes it last for a long time. Even through the years, you can be happy knowing that it is not easily prone to wear and tear.
- If you are looking for a product that is user-friendly, you might also find it to be an impressive choice. There are minimal parts that are included. This means that once you take it out of the box, you do not need to exert a lot of effort to complete its assembly.
- Lastly, this complete mattress support system is available at a price that is relatively affordable, even if it is not necessarily the cheapest option you can find in the market. You might want to consider this if you are looking for a budget-friendly alternative.
- Easy assembly
- Does not produce noise
A bit expensive
Sizing issues with mattress compatibility
This is another option that can be ideal if you are looking for one that is easy to assemble. While there are several tools that will be needed, most of them are already provided by the manufacturer. Also, because of its narrow size, you can easily bring it inside the house.
- The strength of the box spring is another reason why you might want to look at this product. It can easily support the user and the mattress. This makes sure that the topper will not easily sag because of the impressive support that it is able to provide.
- You might also love how it already comes with a cover. The stretch cover will be a good addition if you want the spring to not directly touch the mattress, which can be an excellent way to prolong the lifespan of the latter.
Effortless to assemble
Stable and supportive
- Extensive warranty
Does not come with a cover
Wood is untreated
This is another product that you might want to include in your list of choices for the best box spring. One thing that I like is the quick assembly, which will roughly take only 15 minutes. This can be a good pick if you hate complications.
- It is made from high-quality wood that can offer great support for different types of mattresses. Even if it is a memory or latex foam, among other materials, this can provide the support your mattress needs.
- The lifetime warranty offered by the manufacturer will give you another good reason to consider this product. The manufacturer will most probably not offer such an extensive warranty coverage if they are not confident that their product will last for a long time without deteriorating.
Well-engineered and sturdy
Easy to assemble
- Makes the mattress more comfortable
Has quite a large space in between slats
Wood is not finished
The material used in this box spring is one thing that you might like. It is made from solid spruce wood, although there is no finish. This wood is known not only for being durable, but also for being sustainable. This is a good choice if you want one that is eco-friendly.
The frame is also collapsible. This means that its size can be significantly reduced and you can easily build it in different rooms rather than carry the whole box spring from one place to another. When it comes to assembly, on the other hand, it can also be quite easy.
- Lastly, and perhaps most importantly, the manufacturer is offering a lifetime warranty, which might make you more confident about the quality you can expect from this product.
- In sum, if there is only one product that I can recommend from the five, it would be Zinus 9-inch High-Profile Smart Box Spring. Compared to the other four, it provides plenty of storage underneath, which will provide you with the opportunity to maximize the space.
- Similar to the other models mentioned, it is also easy to assemble and it can offer long-lasting functionality. It offers excellent value for money. This is going to make sure that you will have a comfortable sleep and that you will wake up to great mornings!
- This specific model can provide all the benefits of the best box spring that we briefly reviewed earlier. It can improve stability and support, extend the lifespan of your mattress, and handle bouncing.