- Getting sleep is essential to our health, therefore, when a sleep disorder such as insomnia is treated, your overall health improves not leaving out improvement in your memory and brain functions.
- It has also been scientifically proven in the recent years that not using the proper mattress causes back pain. To avoid back pain and sleep disorders, we have all tried to get the most healthy products money can buy.
- One such product is a mattress topper. Therefore, we are going to take you through 5 to get to the best mattress topper for back pain currently in the market (the 2017 edition).
Why are mattress toppers important?
- As mentioned earlier, avoiding back pain and getting enough sleep is essential to our lives. Therefore, selecting a good mattress is as important as choosing a good bed. The only problem is that some people will spend so much time choosing the proper bed and not nearly as much time to select a mattress. The other thing is that, sometimes we hit a snag, the money becomes short, and all you can do is buy a mattress that is of poor quality.
- Let’s face it all this has happened to us one time or the other. These shouldn't worry you anymore because mattress toppers are here to help solve that problem. They come in many varieties ranging from different shapes, levels of comfort to size. This difference is accompanied with a difference in the price range.
The Qualities That Make The Mattress Topper A Must-Buy Product Are
- Comfort provision
- Support provision
- Heat adjustable
- A good travel buddy
Using a mattress topper provides you with more comfort during sleep. The support will help to counter any cases of back pain
When sleeping, the topper will give you support for your body. Therefore, you can kiss back pain goodbye.
Other than sorting out your back pain issues, a mattress topper can maintain temperatures well whether it is hot or cold.
When going on the road, you can easily carry your mattress topper and place it on your bed. This topper will help you in case you have many back or muscular pain. You can check out more on how to select a mattress topper that suits you here.
Different types of mattress toppers
Just like all other products, mattress toppers have various models. It all depends on your taste and preference. The main ones that help relieve back pain include:
1. Latex Foam Mattress Topper
- This type of mattress topper is made from latex that can either be natural or synthetically obtained. They are graded varyingly depending on the level of firmness. It is a firm mattress topper and is suitable for you in that it provides extra support and unpleasant odor cases are in check. The support provision is a key advantage when it comes to avoiding back pain.
- Another added advantage of this mattress topper is the fact that it is resistant to mold and mite. Therefore, you don't have to worry about mold or dust mite. It also has minimal movement while the other person in bed with you is turning.
2. Memory Foam Mattress Topper
- This type of mattress topper is both unique and commonly used. It is unique in that made of polyurethane. It is composed of millions of tiny cells that help relieve back pain. Another important feature of this mattress topper is that it comes in various ranges of firmness and pressure. You are therefore able to choose from a wide range.
- Another fantastic feature of this mattress topper is that it stays firm on one side while the other person on your bed is turning at night. You will experience minimal disturbance while asleep due to this feature.
Buying Guide To Focus On
While getting a mattress topper, you may end up getting one that will not serve you properly or for long without checking its features, and that is why this guide is going to help you get the best bargain.
Since we have already talked about the material that is suitable for people with back pain, we will dive into the other features.
- Price range
If you want to counter the firmness of your mattress, the memory foam mattress topper would be the best for this. For a firm mattress, the topper should be less thick.
To get a luxuriously smooth feel, you should get a thicker topper or a thin topper if you wish to get a firm feel.
The price depends on the quality and thickness of the mattress. It is advisable for you to carry out proper research before buying the topper to get one that is of high quality, thickness, and durability at an affordable price.
It’s important to consider your weight it will affect the topper accordingly. For example, if you weigh heavier than the topper can take it will get spoilt in the process. Therefore understand your weight before buying the topper.
The 5 Best Mattress Toppers for Back Pain
- It provides proper support for your body and relieves back pain
- Has high durability
- Is hypoallergenic
- Has good air circulation hence no smells and temperature is kept constant
- Is 1” small for a King or Queen size bed
- Has a slight odor when new
- The Milliard memory foam will provide you with comfort to levels you never thought you could reach. The memory foam gel provides comfort in a soft but firm way.
- It is designed to get rid of areas of pressure so that you will no longer wake up with a stiff neck or back pain. It also keeps the shape you initially had while sleeping no matter how many times you turn.
- It is also resistant to bacteria and dust mite for those with allergies. This gel memory foam is made such that it allows for maximum heat circulation and therefore the temperature is kept constant all night long. All you need to do is to check whether its dimensions match that of your bed and you are ready to go.
- Is very comfortable and provides support hence relieving back pain
- Proper ventilation reduces chances of the topper smelling
- It is hypoallergenic, so those with allergies won't have to worry
- It has many different size ranges, therefore, suits a larger number of people
- It might easily tear around the ventilation holes
- The Lucid is one of the best-selling mattress toppers. It comes in various sizes from King size to Twin XL. It comes with a 3" of well-ventilated memory foam that is soft and makes it comfortable enough to relieve pressure. It will cater to your back and general muscular pain issues.
- This memory foam is soft and well ventilated which means you will have a comfortable sleep environment. The gel incorporated in the memory foam absorbs the heat hence ensuring that you will have a constant temperature at night.
- Dimension is 60*80*3 inches and is cheaper in comparison to the others. It also comes with a 25-year warranty
- It is comfortable due to the firmness and aeration of the sleeping surface.
- You can be sure of durability
- It can be easy to clean due to the removable covers
- The memory foam allows for a minimal disturbance on your side when with someone who is tossing at night.
- It has a 3-year warranty and 60 day period to get a full refund
- It is hypoallergenic therefore caters to people with allergies.
- It has a slight smell of chemicals when still new.
- Some find it to be too soft
- This mattress topper from ViscoSoft comes in various sizes ranging from King to Twin size. It is comfortable to sleep on not only because of the pressure relief layer but also because of the non-slip covers. The gel memory foam layer provides a proper fit to your firm mattress since it is 3” thick. Your back pain issues will be no more due to this feature.
- Another important aspect of this topper is the breathable design whereby the air circulation is made easy. The gel inside the topper can absorb the heat keeping the temperature constant at night.
- The slip resistant covers are made from a combination of bamboo and rayon and come with straps that secure the topper on the mattress. The cover is also resistant to dust mite and allergens therefore if you have allergies you don’t need to worry when using this topper.
- It provides support for your body hence relieves back pain
- The proper aeration reduces the chances of it smelling
- It is allergen and mite resistant hence suitable for those with allergies
- The second side means you can enjoy the best of both back pain relief and a cool night.
- It can guarantee durability
- When new it may come with a smell as a result of the packaging.
- This latex mattress topper sold by C&S INC comes in either king size or queen size. It is also double sided so you can choose to lie on the latex side for when you are having back pain or the other end that has cooling gel which helps to keep your body temperature constant.
- Another cool feature that I like is the presence of the pinholes. These pin holes can allow fresh air to pass through thus aerating the topper. You can be sure to have a good night sleep without it getting too hot.
- The most impressive part of this topper is the 2" size which means it is firm and will adequately provide support. It cradles your neck while supporting your head and shoulders. Your spine will be properly aligned throughout the night.
- Highly durable
- Double air circulation and heat conduction ensures constant temperatures at night
- Has a 3-year warranty
- Has no odor due to use of odor blocking material
- Provides support and pressure relief, therefore, relieves back and muscular pain.
- To some, it may be too firm
- It is the most recent arrival; the PuraSleep mattress topper has improved advantages to the rest. The presence of cold carbon gel provides up to double the overall heat conduction and airflow. The superior quality of the memory foam ensures that its performance is at peak level and you can be assured that it will last for a while.
- Another important feature of this mattress topper is that it comes in 1” 2" or 3" thickness which means that you can easily choose whether to get a soft feel by using the 3" or a slightly firm feel by using the 1” thick topper. The thick topper provides support for your body and conforms to it thus relieving muscle and back pain. Moreover, it also stays firm as you turn at night, therefore, minimum disturbance.
- It is also resistant to dust mite and bacteria hence suitable for people who have asthma and allergies.
To sum it all up
- The PuraSleep Memory-Foam Topper is the winner of this contest. It wins because it has Carbon cooling gel provides double the heat dissipation and airflow as compared to the others.
- Therefore, not only does it focus on our primary aim or relieving back pain, but also takes care of your sleeping climate. All these features come at a slightly higher cost, but it is worth it.
- With all these attractive choices I believe that at the end of the day you will be happy to own a PuraSleep Memory foam. I hope that this article has helped you with trying to select the best mattress topper for you.
Got any questions, thoughts or comments? Let us know. Please feel free to drop a comment in our comment section below and don’t forget to share the article with your friends and loved ones.