If you’re here to find the best car inflatable mattress, then you’re in the right place. Well we all have had that traveling, camp-in-the-wild, tailgating-for-a-few-days bug. Whether this will involve renting a cabin with most of the necessary amenities, a campsite with a few provisions, we both agree that a car inflatable mattress is not usually the most obvious option to cross your mind.
Car inflatable mattresses are becoming the next big thing when it comes to outdoor short stays. In recent times, several companies making tents which can be mounted on trunks of pick-up trucks. However, not everyone owns a truck, let alone the trunk size, to be able to comfortably fit a camping tent. Car air mattresses, on the other hand offer bonuses to many people who own SUVs, which is slightly more than pickup truck owners.
Table of Contents
- Comparison of 3 Car Iiflatable Mattresses in 2019
- Top 3 Car Iiflatable Mattresses Reviews in 2019
- Now you might still ask.
- Here’s why:
- What’s more?
- Before we dive into the review.
Comparison of 3 Car Iiflatable Mattresses in 2019
|Image||Name||Dimensions||Weight||View on Amazon|
|ONLYTM CAR MOBILE CUSHION INFLATABLE TRAVEL MATTRESS||15.9 x 9.7 x 5.8 inches||5.6 pounds||Check Latest Price|
|3 TREES NEW STYLE INFLATABLE TRAVEL MATTRESS||56.3″*34.25″ 17.72″inches||5.2 pounds||Check Latest Price|
|WINTERIAL SUV HEAVY-DUTY CAR INFLATABLE TRAVEL MATTRESS||70″ x 50″ 3″inches||6 pounds||Check Latest Price|
Top 3 Car Iiflatable Mattresses Reviews in 2019
#1. THE ONLYTM CAR INFLATABLE TRAVEL MATTRESS
Coming in at only 5.6 pounds, this mattress is very easy to carry and store in your car. It is made out of durable PVC and has been covered on the top with a suede material. What you’re getting out of it is long life usage. If you have children, you shouldn’t worry because it can provide enough room for two people to sleep.
Automatic and manual pumping
What you also get included in the package is a small 12V Air Pump to help you automatically fill the mattress. It’s quick and in about two minutes, your bed will be ready. Not only is it convenient for long travels, but it’s also very quick to set up and put away.
The air pump connects to your cigarette lighter dock to draw electricity to pump. However, when there is no provision for pump filling, the air inlet of the mattress allows you to blow in air manually.
What we liked
- Small but can support weights up to 800 pounds
- Very quick to inflate
- Provision of manual and automatic filling
- Very powerful 12V air pump
- Friendly to people with back problems
- Comes with inflatable pillows
What we liked
- Avoid placing near any sharp objects, lighters or cigarettes
- Remember to re-inflate it every 10 hours due to normal air leakage
- Air leaks are hard to detect and fix up
- The valve is in a hard-to-reach position
- Easily deflates when left in the sun for extended periods
#2. 3 TREES NEW STYLE INFLATABLE TRAVEL MATTRESS
This inflatable travel mattress comes together with a pair small pillows plus a center-attached pillow. You can get them in a few color combos, but the most common are neutral colors and shades of blue. There is support at the bottom of the mattress to give it a sturdier feel, especially when driving through bumpy roads. The company claims that their mattress will fit into almost 95% of all car back seats (SUVs and sedans).
The mattress comes with an air pump which connects to the cigarette dock in your car. It produces a little noise during inflation, but this shouldn’t be much of a bother.
Durability and cold resistance
Made from high-quality PVC and with suede flockings, you can count on using this mattress for a long time. These construction materials are also environmentally friendly and have cold-resistant features.
What we liked
- Will fit most car designs because of its adaptable inflating pattern
- Small package and therefore easy to carry and transport
- Can hold people up to 200 pounds without a problem
- Incorporates sleeper friendly design to minimize bouncing on bumpy roads
- Adaptable design makes it possible to inflate inside or outside the car
- Has an easily understandable user manual
What we liked
- Might deflate quicker than expected, during use
- Air leak detection can be hectic
- The small holding capacity means it’s not suitable for holding two adults concurrently
- Air pump might get loud while in operation
#3. WINTERIAL SUV HEAVY-DUTY CAR INFLATABLE TRAVEL MATTRESS
Coming in at just over 8 pounds, this Winterial SUV Car Inflatable Travel Mattress is not only light but very durable and rugged. The mattress is constructed using durable PVC and is covered on both sides by flocked material that will stand the harsh weather. The producing company claims its survival in temperatures ranging from -130F to 1400F without a problem.
Even more surprising is that for such a light product, it can support a maximum load of 800 pounds. Therefore what you have here is the perfect workhorse for your outdoor experience, whether with kids or with your friends.
Inside the box, you will get a complete set to start you off. The items present include the air mattress, an air pump and a glue-and-repair kit. You can be sure that you won’t have to worry too much about taking care of your airy investment (get it?)
What we liked
- Sizeable dimensions for accommodating two adults
- Less rigid material that’s good for people with back problems
- Great for those traveling with kids
- The pump quickly inflates the mattress
What we liked
- Recommended to inflate from outside the car, which might be hard in windy or rainy conditions
- Some people may find the carrying bag a little too small to fit the deflated mattress
- It might be cumbersome to fit the mattress in smaller SUVs
- Some people have found that the mid-section of the mattress seems to get faulty around the fifth long use
Now you might still ask.
What exactly is a car inflatable mattress? This is an air mattress that you have seen in people’s homes or on TV, only that our variation fits at the back of your car. The mattresses are constructed from PVC (Polyvinyl chloride – plastic usually used to make plastics mats or pipes) and a velvet finish integrated on the top side.
But why would we have mattresses made from PVC and velvet?
Aside from all the reasons why you should invest in a car inflatable mattress, you should understand their advantages over your usual campsite or cabin getaway:
When outdoors, you don’t know what the elements have in store for you. From wild animals roaming the dark to soggy grounds, the outdoors can be pretty uncomfortable. However with a car mattress, you are free to choose whichever spot feels great. Heck! You can even choose to drive off and sleep in a different location!
What’s better than a tent or a chilly cabin night out?
An air-conditioned car with a mattress. That’s right, with a car you’re free to control the temperatures around you, the freedom of lighting is within your reach and your favorite radio station is always within a few inches.
Well, compared to all the camping junkies, you don’t have to break the bank with the latest and greatest outdoor investments. Having this portable mattress in your car eliminates the issues of shelter and bedding. You’ll only have to worry about food and a few personal effects. Price-friendly, don’t you find?
Before we dive into the review.
We have a few tips to guide you to buying a car inflatable mattress. These are:
You need to know the size of your car’s backseat area and compare that with that of different mattresses. This way you won’t be setting yourself up for unpleasant surprises
Be wary of the kind of PVC that’s used to make the mattress. Let your salesperson expound on this so that you are made aware of any environmental impacts of your purchase. The flockings material is also important. Choose either suede or velvet for the top. If you have the money, picking a higher quality finish is a step closer to great sleep experience
Always check for the warranty period on all car inflatable mattresses. Many times, your mattress might be exposed to sharp objects or kids with pencils. In case of any early damages, you should, at least, be able to claim a replacement or repair
Inquire on the voltage rating of the pump that comes with the car air mattress. We recommend a minimum of 12V for the sake of quick inflation. The respective pump should also have a sound rating (in decibels) so that you can know whether it’ll be too noisy for you or not.
With that review, you should now be confident enough to choose the car air mattress that best fits your budget. Most importantly, it should be snug in your car.
Let’s finish off.
After making an investment into a car inflatable mattress, you will then be required to put in the necessary efforts in maintaining your sleeping companion.
Here are a few tips to get you started:
- Be careful with the unboxing of your product. Make sure you have all the components listed in the box or user manual.
- Always go over the user guide carefully so that you can fit all the pieces together. Remember to inspect the mattress before and after inflating it
- Keep your kids away from the mattress pump and other detachable parts during inflation. Also, make sure that any sharp objects in the vicinity are cleared
- When operating the air pump, we recommend that you don’t start your car then. It occurs because of these operations, working together, will drain some serious juice from your car battery.
- When it comes to cleaning the air mattress, please use a soft wet rag. The reason for this is that flockings will tend to attract a lot of dust and small pieces of food (for instance, crisps, popcorn). The soft cloth better picks out these food crumbs while at the same time being gentle to your fabric.
- After deflation, and before storage, clean the storage container. Remove any sand or dust that might have accumulated. Also, make sure the container doesn’t have any moisture at all.