- We all know that friend or partner who is always sweaty the entire night. Perhaps it could be you, and you find this annoying that you have to wake up each day drenched. Honestly, you are not to blame at all (make sure your husband or wife gets to read this line).
- What you need is to try using a mattress pad. The sole purpose of these pads is to make your nights a thousand times better by removing excess heat from your body using different ways. Today we have a selection of some of the best cooling mattress pads for whichever lifestyle you lead.
- By buying and using a cooling mattress pad, you are choosing to have healthier nights. Your body requires relatively cold environments for the perfect sleep. Research suggests the most favorable temperature for sleep is between 600F and 670F (150C to 190C).
Things To Consider In Buying Cooling Mattress Pads
Well, it is quite simple. Just observe these three parameters:
- Cooling mechanism
- Density of the pad
The material is probably the deal-breaker when you want to get a mattress pad. There is a further breakdown we shall explore here:
2. Cooling Mechanism
This part is where some science and technology comes to play. Different mattress pads have different ways to regulate your body temperature throughout the night. These methods fall into two categories; passive and active cooling. You can check out an example of a heating mattress pad here
Otherwise let me break it down for you:
3. Density of the pad
When it comes to density of the pad, I will let that be subjective as to what works for you. A few things to note here are that:
The densities of cooling mattress pads vary on a density rating, which runs from 3 being the least dense to 5 being the densest. Therefore, choosing here will depend on your preferences and probably some consultation from a physiotherapist.
Less dense vs. dense
- The less thick pads will have more sink to them. They can be ideal for people who prefer the comfort and do not mind such pads. We advise that lighter people go with this option. If you are heavy, you may find that the sink puts much pressure on your lower back.
- Denser pads of a minimum rating of 4 usually have high stability because they do not sink as much. These pads are ideal for people with back problems. The firmness helps maintain your posture as you sleep.
- Again, this is entirely subjective to your needs and preferences. Just make sure you make an informed decision that you will not regret.
Our Review of The Best Cooling Mattress Pad
So, without further ado, let’s dive into the review.
- Can be thrown in the washer or drier anytime. Only at low heat though
- Comes in a whole range of sizes
- Intricate stitching holds the filling intact
- The breathable bamboo fiber keeps the pad aerated and puffy
- After washing it could shrink a little
- Some customers found the sides to be a bit too thin, fragile almost
- Not perfect for those who prefer a firm mattress
- What you might notice is that this mattress pad is marketed more like an ordinary mattress topper than a cooling pad. This pad comes in all the sizes you could think of; (Split King, California King, (Cal King), King, Queen, Full (Double), Twin XL (Twin Long) and Twin)
- The pillow top cover fits well on the memory foam
- Easy to remove and wash the outer cover
- Thick memory foam is comfy and does great with heat absorption
- Shipping package is conveniently small
- Price point is a little higher than others in the same category
- There is a slight off-gas while the topper is still new
- Some people found it to be too soft
- As the name suggests, innovation is certainly what this company had in mind. Their mattress topper is a cozy four inches of gel-infused foam that cool you all night long. The foam nests itself inside a couple of inches of some fluffy fiberfill. The result is that you will manage to sleep without having annoying pressure points that could lead to feeling sore in the morning.
- Very comfortable and cozy bamboo cover
- Removable cover that’s easily washed
- CertiPUR-US certified means it is made using safe components
- Effective heat management especially in hotter months
- Comes with a 3-year warranty
- Some back sleepers might still find it too thin to alleviate back pain
- The price point is also on the higher end
- Some users found that it felt a little bulky
- The odor present while still new might irritate some
- This topper is a product made by Malouf. It has a 2.5-inch thick gel-infused foam. With its thinner design, you can count on better heat management and a beautiful sink. The pad has a bamboo cover which is surprisingly smooth and elegant.
- Comfort is what stands out for many customers
- The cooling that accompanies the support works great
- The company makes padding for mattresses between 7 and 20 inches
- The product comes with an Infinity Skirt to fit very snug on the mattress
- Does not work too well with stiffer mattresses
- Some customers complained of the pad heating up
- As you may have guessed from the title, this mattress pad comes from a blend of bamboo and other fabrics. It has a luxurious feel which is very smooth. The bamboo material enables the pad to have excellent cooling properties. The fabric is quilted, and that design is what makes this product good at channeling heat from your body.
- Comfortable three-inch foam for excellent support
- Outlast technology for better temperature regulation
- The pad does not move about during the night
- Quite pricey
- For those who leave sweat patches, the Outlast cover is a pain to wash
- The topper itself is quite bulky
- This pad has a three-inch memory foam, which takes the comfort to another level. The good thing with this pad is that it can work on a huge variety of mattresses.
- Our best pick has to be the Sleep Innovations 4-Inch Dual Layer Mattress Topper - Gel Memory Foam and Plush Fiber. Not only does it have a mid-range price point, but the product comes from some very high-quality materials. The 4-inch memory foam combined with the unique top and bottom designs of the topper makes it feel luxurious. Heat regulation is excellent thanks to the gel memory foam.
- From this review, you should have a clear view of which product best fits your lifestyle. For those with medical issues like arthritis and back pain, choosing the best cooling mattress pad could be the difference between comfort and suffering. Please go through the Amazon customer reviews to get more insight.
Otherwise feel free to leave any questions or comments, and we will be more than glad to answer them.