The essence of a pillow is to provide support for the neck as the rest of the body is held in place. Pillows can also be used for decorative purposes. They can be used on beds, chairs or couches. It is highly probable for people to wake up with sore necks. This sore neck is more often than not, as a result of sleeping on a pillow that is not suitable for your particular way of sleeping. A good mattress one buys should go with a better pillow.
People sleep either on their side, back or stomach. It is, therefore suitable for you to choose a pillow that suits your particular sleeping position.
Pillows are categorized as follows:
They can either be,
These pillows are made for support of the entire body length and are suitable for cradling
This pillow is a blend of polyurethane and various other chemicals. The pillow takes the shape of your neck when your head applies pressure, or you generate heat.
This pillow is made with a curve providing support for your head
This one is made with very soft and fluffy material inside making it suitable fir stomach sleepers
These have been around since long ago and are as soft as down pillows due to the feathers inside
These have husks of buckwheat kernel inside
These pillows are made of latex rubber
This one is particularly made from stuffings of different kinds of materials. It is considered to be the less rich man’s cotton
This is one that is filled with water but not entirely. It has a layer of polyester on top
This pillow has micro beads inside used as filling. The beads are made of polystyrene
So let’s dive into a selection of our favorites:
This amazing product by Coop Home Goods is one of the reasons you might wake up feeling psyched for the day after having a good night sleep. This USA made pillow comes in either king or queen size depending on your preference. The cover is a combination of polyester and bamboo obtained from viscose rayon. This pillow does not have any ozone-depleting compounds such as heavy metals, flame retardants among other compounds.
This pillow is amazing even for allergy sufferers as it does not cause any allergic reactions. Therefore there is no need to compromise on comfort. The inner fill material of the pillow is easily adjustable.
This pillow is made such that the foam inside your pillow can be added or removed. As a result, it is comfortable for the user.[pros heading=”h4″ title=”Pros”]
- Provides firm support for your neck and keeps it in line.
- Is hypoallergenic
- Is dust mite resistant
- Allows for a lot of air circulation which prevents brewing of bacteria and keeps the moisture at bay. In the end, the sleeping environment is made conducive
- A 30 days guarantee is provided in case the product is not to your expectation,
- It is too soft which might make it hard for side sleepers to find it comfortable as the distance between the head and the shoulder
- It might develop an odor during shipment
You will get comfort from this this pillow, thanks to the use of a combination of bamboo, polyester, and lycra. It has proven to be the best kind of pillow for whichever position you sleep in. It is particularly best for side sleepers.
It has a comfortable cover which is made of a material that allows proper circulation of air. The inner fill material is of shredded type combined with memory foam which is known not to deform easily.
It is hypoallergenic which makes it convenient for people with allergic reactions! The material used for making this pillow is environmentally friendly from Ecofriendly Biogreen and Centipur-us.
Is a comfortable pillow
This pillow provides the perfect firm support that your spine and muscles may require without feeling like a solid block[pros heading=”h4″ title=”Pros”]
- Is a comfortable pillow
- Has a 90 day trial period and a 20 years warranty period
- Suitable for expectant women
- Hypoallergenic and dust mite resistant
- Material used does not deplete the ozone
- Long lasting
- It may feel a bit too firm for some users
- It may require initial prep time
This US made pillow is made from buckwheat hulls which are tiny husks covering the buckwheat kernel. The pillow cover is purely made of cotton. The pillow is suitable as it will not collapse which might affect your neck when your head sinks too low. The presence of the buckwheat ensures there is adequate air circulation which allows for cooling of the pillow. The pillow is easily adjustable which makes it convenient since it conforms to your particular desires. Therefore, in general, this pillow is suitable for people who require additional support and for those who desire to relieve back, shoulder and neck pain
This pillow can be adjusted to remove or add some husks if the pillow has not reached the required height you desire or if it is too firm for your liking.[pros heading=”h4″ title=”Pros”]
- It provides perfect support
- Easily adjustable to conform to your desires
- Allows air circulation
- Made of durable material
- It is somewhat noisy
- It is relatively expensive
- It might be too firm for some users
- It might have an odor during shipping
- Relatively heavy
This pillow is originally made in the US. It comes either as a queen, standard or king size pillow. It is the best bed pillow for almost all sleep positions as it provides the ultimate comfort. The pillow covers are made from bamboo which allows for air circulation which means the pillow will stay cool. In the end, you will have a deep and uninterrupted sleep. The pillow is convenient for people with allergies for being hypoallergenic. The memory foam provides you with the perfect cradling for your head. Unlike most other pillows, this one can be washed in a machine.
Convenient bamboo cover
This important feature may be ignored or overlooked. The fabric covering the pillow is 50% polyester and 50% bamboo with high heat resistance. This sleeping surface lasts longer.[pros heading=”h4″ title=”Pros”]
- Is perfectly supportive
- Has heavy duty support making it suitable for side and stomach sleepers
- Easily adjustable
- Relatively large pillow hence suitable for body support
- Has a 5-year warranty
- Resistant to dust mite
- It might be too firm for users who desire less cushioning
- May require some skill or understanding of the product for proper use. This pillow unlike most may require education such as knowledge that it may have an odor on the first day of its arrival
Using the wrong pillow means you will find yourself nursing a sore neck in the morning. To avoid this, buy this Waterbase Pillow. This pillow provides maximum support to your neck while the rest of the body is held perfectly in place. The pillow is designed such that you can adjust it to the firmness you find fit. Made from the US, it has a cover made purely of cotton. The pillow has even been tested for giving the superior quality of sleep. The aeration of the pillow is really good hence less heat retention. The inner fill material is also hypoallergenic.
It’s easy to clean the pillow in a washing machine. It’s relatively large thus providing total support for your neck.
Perfect back, neck and side support
A lot of pillows have been made to provide support, but this one is made perfectly to provide support while catering to the other parts of the body. Water in the water chamber can be adjusted to the firmness you desire.[pros heading=”h4″ title=”Pros”]
- Easy to take care of and maintain
- Provides perfect support for your neck while the spine is held in the right position.
- Polyester covering for the water chamber and cotton case which allows for easy aeration hence cool throughout the night.
- Is hypoallergenic
- It is relatively heavier than most other pillows
This bed pillow from the US is purely made of Talalay latex without any synthesized additives. The pillow comes in king, standard or queen size and you can decide whether to take one that is a plush or high loft. This pillow is good for providing support to your neck while the back is held in a suitably upright position. Using this pillow will help relieve your back pains. The cover is removable and made of rayon.
The pillow does not immediately re-plump after it has been squeezed which makes it suitable for those who love a squishy pillow.
The pillow is dust mite resistant and does not allow accumulation of moisture which might encourage the growth of mildew.
Well aerated pillow
The pillow is made with tiny air holes that allow circulation of air and enhances breathability.[pros heading=”h4″ title=”Pros”]
- Provides continuous support hence less pain shoulder or neck pain
- Are supportive due to their ability to hold the same position overnight
- Has an above average weight distribution ability hence the pressure at a particular point is relieved
- Easily adjustable
- Reduces snoring
- No odor during shipping
- Easy to maintain
- Relatively heavy
- Not machine washable
- Low stability
The preference on a pillow greatly affects your sleep which in turn affects your day. This US-made pillow has a cover purely made from cotton. It provides support for your back, stomach, and neck. The inner material is memory foam that is plush and maximizes comfort for the user. The pillow is made of microscopic beads embedded in the pillow that allows for air circulation providing a cool effect, or it releases the heat, and it provides warmth. We recommend this type of pillow because it offers excellent spinal support, particularly to those accustomed to side sleeping.
Provides good support
This pillow provides the best support due to its protective cushioning design which makes it suitable for the neck and spine.[pros heading=”h4″ title=”Pros”]
- Has increased side thickness to provide support for the neck
- Has PCM beads for temperature regulation
- Is hypoallergenic
- Is easy to clean as it is machine washable
- Gives comfort to user due to the gusset design
- Is relatively less durable
- Has an odor as it comes during shipping
- Is dense which may be considered too firm for some users
A great visco foam memory pillow made by Sleep Joy, it is best for back sleepers. It uses green tea and other plant-based ingredients to eliminate any odor that may arise from chemicals. The green tea also helps by enhancing better circulation of air in the pillow. The pillow is of very good quality and very durable. It is soft and hypoallergenic. Polyester and polyurethane are used as the fabric which is good as no moisture will be absorbed.
It has a neck bolster that gives more support to the neck. The design in which it’s made helps to reduce snoring while sleeping on the side[pros heading=”h4″ title=”Pros”]
- Provides perfect support for the neck and back
- Air holes present allow for proper air circulation
- Is good for both back and side sleepers
- Reduces snoring
- Material used is very comfortable which makes it therapeutic
- The minty scent of the green tea could be a deal breaker for some people
- Has an odor on the first days after shipment
From our selection of some of the best pillows on the market, you should now have the confidence to choose one that suits your sleeping needs. Our recommendation is that you should always be very picky when choosing a pillow.
You will be spending a good portion of your 24 hours on it! Make sure you sleep for a total of at least 6 hours daily for your body recovery and repair. A good pillow a day will surely keep the muscle pains away!